City Lodge Hotels Is Open For Business
The group has been busy during Levels 5 and 4 preparing its properties to open in a Covid-19 world. Some properties have offered quarantine accommodation while others have accommodated essential services, now extended to include business travellers.
Not all of the group’s hotels will open at the same time, with specific hotels in key locations earmarked for initial trading where larger numbers of business travellers may reasonably be expected. In time, and as business picks up, the group will open more of its hotels. The following 15 hotels are open to business travellers and essential services workers during this phase:
- City Lodge Hotel at OR Tambo International Airport
- City Lodge Hotel Bryanston
- Town Lodge George
- Town Lodge Menlo Park
- Town Lodge Polokwane
- Road Lodge Bloemfontein Airport
- Road Lodge Cape Town International Airport
- Road Lodge Durban
- Road Lodge East London
- Road Lodge Mbombela
- Road Lodge N1 City
- Road Lodge Pietermaritzburg
- Road Lodge Port Elizabeth
- Road Lodge Richards Bay
- Road Lodge Rustenburg
Any person or business requiring accommodation in a hotel or in an area not listed above, may send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 0800 11 37 90 (South Africa) or any of the hotels directly (check website for numbers www.clhg.com) – there is always someone on duty willing to assist. Depending on the number of rooms required and the length of stay, all hotels are able to reopen at very short notice. The group has special Stay Safe rates available as follows:
- City Lodge Hotels: from R940 per room per night (excl. breakfast)
- Town Lodges: from R790 per room per night (excl. breakfast)
- Road Lodges: from R665 per room per night (excl. breakfast)
City Lodge Hotel Group has stringent, multi-disciplinary measures in place to keep front and back of house clean and safe including:
- Health screenings for both guests and staff upon entering our buildings which includes sanitization of hands, temperature check and questionnaire.
- Social distancing signage and enforcement of best practices by hotel management.
- Specialised deep cleaning using a leading polycide chemical.
- Strict room cleaning policies to eliminate cross-contamination between rooms.
- Individually packaged food service to ensure you receive a tasty meal with limited risk.
- To kill any potential viral matter, linen and towels are washed on the hottest wash cycle at 80°C.
- Personal protection equipment, such as face masks, gloves and aprons, to be worn by staff at all times. Guests to wear face masks in public areas at all times.
- Ongoing training to keep our staff informed and well-versed in best practises.
- Periodic independent Covid-19 Risk Assessment Audits by FCS, a reputable third party.
More information on the group’s safety protocols is available on the website www.clhg.com.
“We are delighted to welcome back our business travellers and have gone to extra lengths to ensure we are ready and they are reassured that our tip-top, loving and clean promise remains intact. In fact, we have a reputable independent company conducting Covid-19 risk assessment audits on our hotels and the first property to be tested, City Lodge Hotel Bryanston, has achieved a 98% score on the hygiene audit and 100% on the microbiological index. This gives us confidence that our revamped procedures and operations are effective,” says Lindiwe Sangweni-Siddo, chief operating officer of City Lodge Hotel Group.
Chief executive officer, Andrew Widegger adds, “We support government’s efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19 and are especially pleased to demonstrate how this is possible in a new version of ‘everyday life’ as the country cautiously and carefully lifts restrictions placed on the hospitality industry. We appreciate businesses have been hard hit, including our own, and restarting the economy in a considered manner appeals to all.”