This publication will serve as a platform to showcase skills development programmes, enterprise development initiatives and practices in South Africa.
Commitment to education and skills development from both the public and private sectors is key to national development, sustainable employment and economic growth in South Africa.
The National Development Plan for 2030 aims to eradicate the ills of poverty and inequality, improve the standard of living by increasing the amount of qualified and skilled people in the country, and ensure the empowerment of women in all sectors of society.
This necessitates that all organisations have skills development as a priority in their strategic objectives and cultures.
Published in a large-format, glossy-style magazine in 2016, SKILLS Development will be inserted into South Africa’s most trusted business publication, the Sunday Times Business Times, and will be distributed to 70 000 Business Times subscribers nationally.
SKILLS Development will include:
• Public and private organisations offerings skills development.
• Business initiatives.
• B-BBEE and the new codes.
• Enterprise supplier development.
• Contributions being made to rectify skills shortages in SA.
• A review of skills development in vertical market segments.
• New skills development models and fresh perspectives.
• Sustainable skills development solutions.
• Funding possibilities.
• Sustainable social upliftment with business relevance.
• Entrepreneurial skills development, enterprise development and training
• Partnerships with government and NGOs.
• Strategic objectives.
• Case studies of skills development programmes, initiatives and practices.