Courtyard Hotel Launches A La Carte Menu
The Club Lounge, which used to serve a range of upmarket canapes and drinks in the evening from 5pm to 9pm, now offers a curated menu of dishes that cater for a range of tastes and dietary requirements.
Just some of the dishes on offer include:
- Chicken lollipops (R65)
- Beet salad: Roasted beetroot, avocado, orange segments, toasted cashews, sunflower seeds and feta cheese (R85). Enhance with vegetable pineapple chimichurri skewer, chicken teriyaki skewer or beef barbeque skewer (for an additional R45, R55 and R65 respectively).
- Chicken burger: Grilled chicken thigh garnished with avocado, coleslaw, cheddar cheese, butter lettuce, babyspinach, fresh tomato, dill cucumber, red onion rings and sweet chilli mayo. Choice of a soft toasted bun or a bun-less burger (R95).
- Pea and watercress pesto pasta: Penne or zucchini noodles with watercress, lemon zest, walnuts, pecorino cheese (R85). Add chicken (R55) or prawns (R75).
- Dessert of the day (R55)
The hotels report a positive response from guests, who are pleased with the expanded range of dining options and happy to spend time relaxing in the elegant restaurants and terraces. Lindiwe Sangweni-Siddo, chief operations officer, notes, “The Club Lounge is now bookable and features a new design concept, with space ideal for corporate and high-end functions and exclusive events. We believe this is going to set us apart from our competitor hotels and elevate the brand. We have listened to our guests and know they want more than canapes and finger foods, and our refreshed restaurants with new a la carte dining offering adds an experience that reflects this lifestyle brand’s relaxed elegance.”
Specials and promotions: Summer Halfprice Campaign; Bid2Stay; Team Scheme; Spouse on the House; Corporate Club; CLHG Rewards
Hotels: CLHG currently has 61 properties in five countries across five brands:
- Fairview Hotel (4-star)
- Courtyard Hotel (4-star)
- City Lodge Hotel (3-star)
- Town Lodge (2-star)
- Road Lodge (1-star)
Properties under development include 169-room Courtyard Hotel Waterfall City and 148-room City Lodge Hotel Maputo, Mozambique. Once these new hotels are operational, the group will have 63 hotels in six countries in East and Southern Africa offering 8070 rooms to business and leisure travellers.
- Group founded by the late Swiss-born Hans Enderle on 1 August 1985
- Listed on JSE on 18 November 1992
- Financial year end is 30 June
- Level 4 B-BBEE contributor
- Eco initiatives: Large-scale solar project underway at 25 hotels at cost of R20m
- Lilizela Awards: National awards made to Town Lodge Port Elizabeth in the two-star hotel category and Road Lodge Potchefstroom in the one-star hotel category
- TripAdvisor Certificates of Excellence 2019: Courtyard Hotel Port Elizabeth, City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth, City Lodge Hotel Fourways, City Lodge Hotel at OR Tambo International Airport, City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood, City Lodge Hotel Umhlanga Ridge, City Lodge Hotel GrandWest
For more information, visit: www.clhg.com.