Empowerment analyses the achievements made relating to our government’s aims with regards to:
- Black-owned and managed enterprises – highlighting successes and challenges as well as a focus on small, medium and micro enterprises (SMMEs).
- Access to finance for black entrepreneurs.
- Local community empowerment in relation to land ownership, infrastructure and skills.
- Development through mentorships, learnerships and internships and skills.
- Preferential procurement policy successes.
The success of the Black Management Forum founded in 1976 on the advancement of black people in the workplace focussing on Skills Development; Mentorships; BEE Codes and Employment Equity.