Protect The Children Art Competition
The Living Vine is a non-profit organisation found on the basis of how certain family circumstances can negatively impact a child’s learning abilities.
They recognised that some children were unable to cope in mainstream education and their parents could not afford private schooling; and abuse and homelessness of single mothers in the community seemed to be a growing trend.
Amongst their many initiatives on creating awareness, The Living Vine invites all children from Grade R – Grade 12 to participate in an Art Competition with fabulous prizes for the top 3 entries in each category.
The entry fee is a mere R20 per entry and the Competition closes on the 10th August 2017. The judging will take place at an exhibition of the artworks on Saturday 12th August 2017, which coincides with International Youth Day.
Entries to be dropped off at The Learning Vine, Park West Complex, Dorchester Rd, Table View. Alternatively, contact email@example.com to arrange for collection.
The top 3 prize winners in each category will be included in a special calendar for 2018 which will be sold to generate funds.
The categories are:
Grade R – Grade 3: Protect the Children – Stranger Danger
Grade 4-6: Protect the Children – We are all different
Grade 7-9: Protect the Children – Keeping Safe
Grade 10-12: Protect the Children – Say No to Abuse
The Living Vine will select independent judges to adjudicate the work. Their decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. All participating schools and art centres will be notified of the results of the adjudication. Details of the winners and their artworks may be given to the media. The Living Vine retains the right to exhibit, reproduce, auction off or use any work at its sole discretion.
Rules of entry
- Any school-going child in South Africa may participate in The Living Vine’s Art Competition.
- Artwork MUST NOT be larger than A2 format (594 mm x 420 mm) or smaller than A4.
- Colour or black-and-white drawings, etchings, paintings and mixed media will be accepted.
- NO sculptures, needlework or three-dimensional work will be accepted.
- Entries may only be on paper or canvas and MAY NOT BE FOLDED, ROLLED UP OR MOUNTED.
- No artwork will be returned to parents, educators or entrants under any circumstances.
- By submitting the artwork, the learner/guardian/ representative (“the Applicant”) hereby agrees that ownership of the artwork will vest in The Living Vine.
- The Applicant furthermore understands and acknowledges that the submitted artwork may be sold to the public by The Living Vine to fund children’s education. The Applicant or any other party shall have no claim whatsoever to the rights or title of the submitted artwork. As stated above, the ownership of any artwork submitted shall strictly vest in The Living Vine.
The following must be included with each entry:
- R20 entry fee.
- Completed entry form signed by child and parent.